Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week Two : Online Online Communities

I already have Facebook and Webjunction accounts, but I think I am going to sign up for both Linkedin and Ning to try them out. They look really interesting. I am on Facebook on a daily basis and yes I am addicted to the games, but I really enjoy connecting with family and old friends, some from high school that I haven't seen since I graduated, which has been more years than I care to think about. Another thing I use Facebook alot for is getting in touch with my niece. She has an AT & T go-phone but opts for the unlimited texting instead of the talk plan, I however do not have texting on my phone so whenever I need to talk to her I just put a message on her wall and it sends a text to her and then she texts one back to me and I just read it on my wall. It is very convenient. Well I'm off to sign up and find my way around the other communities out there and open up a whole new world outside of Facebook. I hope I survive.

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool way to connect between different generations - texting on one end, facebook wall commenting on the other! Nice.

    ReplyDelete